The Foundation is a registered charity, established by local residents, Don and Barbara Kirk and their family in 2008.
To date, the Foundation has distributed more than $500,000 to children, with particular focus on health, education and sport.
To nurture the potential of the children and young people of Queanbeyan, Palerang and Yass.
A Community that:
- Encourges effort and aspiration.
- Embraces talent in many forms.
- Extends opportunities to children of all backgrounds, including children with special needs and children from disadvantaged backgrounds .
- To promote and provide opportunities for the education, training and general development of underprivileged children and adolescents in Queanbeyan, Palerang and Yass local government areas.
- To promote and support the needs of underprivileged children and adolescents in Queanbeyan and surrounding regions.
- To provide access to education, training and general facilities.
- To do all things necessary and desirable to achieve any of the above objectives.
- We value diversity. We welcome children and young people of all abilities and backgrounds.
- We value determination and commitment. We help children to strive to be the best they can be.
- We value our community. We are proud to invest in the next generation.
The strength of the Foundation lies in its reputation in action at a high standard. As a result of its past achievements the Kirk Family Foundation can be relied on for creating real opportunities to our youth.
Board of directors
I was born in Queanbeyan and am a proud long-term resident of the Queanbeyan-Palerang area and work as an Office Manager in a local family-owned business.
I am proud to be involved with the Kirk Family Foundation and the valuable work that it does in the local community. With extensive experience in administration, I enjoy bringing my skills to assist with the day-to-day running of the Foundation.
Paula van de Heide
I’ve lived in the Queanbeyan Palerang area for the last 36 years, and I love it! During that time, I’ve worked mostly across the Education and Retail sectors. I see my position on the Kirk Family Foundation Board as an opportunity to give back to this terrific community!
Sue Whelan OAM
Sue sees her role with the Kirk Foundation as an extension of her community service. ‘’The Kirk Foundation fills a need that has been lacking in our community’’ she says “”and I am honoured to be part of the Foundation.”
Sue moved to Queanbeyan in 1974 after meeting her husband John who is a Queanbeyan local and together they have raised 3 daughters and now have added to their family with three grandchildren.
What people are saying
“Thank you so much Deb and to the Kirk Family Foundation, so very much appreciated. Thank you for all of your ongoing help and support for Ethan and myself. You really have changed our lives more than I could ever have imagined.”
“I have been involved with the Kirk Family Foundation for many years and have witnessed the mass amount of families the Foundation has helped out with such positive outcomes.”
If you or your community organisation need assistance
Fill out the form below to help us know more about your organisation and work out if we can help you to achieve your goals.